Monday, July 28, 2008

#19 Open Office vs Google Docs

Open Office offers education & business documents in many different languages. It can be opened and worked on by more than one person at a time. It is free, fast and can be saved in different formats.
Google docs is also free, can be opened & worked on by more than one person at a time, and has a huge variety of templates for presentations, resumes, invitations, business stationary, labels, ect. It seemed to run pretty slow tonight, I'm not sure if that is always the case. It is not multi-lingual.
Microsoft Office 2007 is not free, not compatible with 2003, and not as easy to use as the 2003(however, this could be me). I am not impressed with Vista or 2007 as far as being user friendly due to different features.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

I have not done much with Google Docs, but I have worked a little with Open Office and have been pretty impressed. I don't care for Vista much, either.