Sunday, July 27, 2008

# 14 Tag....you're it!

Enjoyed Technorati video, great job explaining that Technorati is about searching blogs. Blogs being the voice of the people, as websites used to be before commercialization. The blogsophere is doubling every 6 months, which tells you it is a big thing.

I've noticed newspapers, radio stations, television stations all have blogs, which leads me to believe that blogs can't avoid commercialization.

I think teachers could benefit by reading other edublogs or writing their own. Older students could use Technorati to read what others are writing about & share their own views in a real world situation. (I am challenging myself by trying the linking feature)

As far as popular, recent, searches, and tag usage I seem to get a variety of results each time I try using a different method.

I really liked tagging for Flickr because early childhood teachers are always looking for pictures to help develop vocabulary and language. del.icio.us tags will be helpful for different game & websites that promote our Pre-K curriculum so that teachers can access them quickly and effectively. Technorati is wonderful, but it is a tool that I will show teachers much later. I would rather get them comfortable exploring databases, social book marking, using copyright materials correctly, and finding pictures using creative commons Flickr, and using Google tools like google doc.

No comments: